Bio & Extended Profile
Angelica's Bio & Extended Profile
Angelica (Angela Johnson) is a pianist, singer-songwriter, composer & producer, with 5 CD'S of original music, in the pop & classical music genres. Angelica records, produces & arranges her own CD's, including film scoring. She is featured on other artists records as both a singer and pianist, with producing and arranging credits. Angelica entertains a wide variety of audiences, including touring on cruise ships as a "Piano Bar Entertainer" for Disney, Carnival & Holland America Cruise Lines. She performs concerts & shows as a soloist & in bands, with a repertoire of over 3500 songs, in all styles of music. Angelica is the "Winner Of The People's Choice Award" - (Music) The Waterfront Awards - Toronto - 2019. She is currently in session recording her latest album & is enjoying an ever-increasing profile as one of Canada's finest performing and recording artists.
"I enjoy engaging audiences & love to share the gift of music while I am performing. Music defines us! It is an international language that everyone can understand." - Angelica
Angelica's Performing, Recording, Producing & Arranging Highlights:
Awards, Juries, Education & Instruction
- Winner Of The People’s Choice Award (Music) The Waterfront Awards, Toronto - (2019).
- Top Honor Award For Original Composition – “Fairy Tale” - The Sunshine Coast Music Festival Of The Performing Arts - (2003).
- Winner Of The Best In Cruising Awards For Best Bars (Piano Bar), Best Entertainment, By America Online “Cruise Critic”, On Board The Carnival M/S Jubilee - (1998).
- Winner Of Employee Of The Month – Carnival Cruise Lines – (2008, 2009 & 2012).
- Vocal Scholarship To Music-Camrose - (1985).
- Recording Studio Of The Year – (During Angelica’s 4.5 Years With “Damon Soundtrek Studios” (Double-Double Platinum Studio) – Gold Record Status - (1996).
- Angelica performed on all the tracks for The Softones, "Dreams Come True" CD, which won a Gold Record - (1996).
- Elected President - "The Bachelor Of Music Society" (1991).
- Angelica's Received Donations For Her CD's: Yamaha C7 (9 foot grand) donated from Yamaha Pianos & Organs, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, CBC donated a stereo microphone, Big Al's Piano Moving Company donated 50% of the moving cost & Garry McDonall donated his time as "Studio Engineer" - (1994).
- Angelica received a promotional grant from "The Alberta Foundation For The Arts, Alberta Community Development, Committed To The Development Of Culture And The Arts". The grant helped Angelica to promote he performances and her CD, "Magic Of The Masters" (1994).
- "Juror" for FACTOR "The Foundation Assisting Canadian Talent On Record" (1993 - 1997).
- "Judge" for "Miss Toronto Tourism", & "Miss Canada Tourism" (2015), (2016), (2018) & (2021).
- "Judge" for "Film For Peace Festival" (2019) & (2020).
- Angelica studied the Bachelor Of Performance Degree (Major: Piano Performance & Minor: Voice) and The Diploma Of Music in the Classical (Royal Conservatory Of Music) and Contemporary styles of music.
- Angelica teaches Piano, Voice & Theory - ("Royal Conservatory Of Music", including all methods in the classical and contemporary genres, contemporary piano, chording, keyboard, and for those students that only play by ear that want top current hits. Angelica also teaches Contemporary Voice, Vocalization Exercises & Live Performance Techniques.
- "PADI Dive Instructor Certification" - "Specialty Instructor Level" - (2010).
Cruise Ships - "Piano Bar Entertainer" - (14 Cruise Ships - 8.5 Years - Duration Of Contracts - 101 Months)
- Carnival Cruise Lines (12 Ships), Disney Cruise Lines (1 Ship), Holland America Cruise Lines (1 Ship).
- Performance with all of the production singers on The Disney Magic (2012).
- Performance with The Ecstasy Orchestra and Motown Fly-On Artist, Jerome Dabney (2008).
- Performance with production singers, Penny Gold and Jason French, - Cabaret (1998).
- Performance with "The Atlantis Orchestra, and Billy Armstrong, Country Music’s #1 Fiddler for 13 consecutive years (1998).
- Chartered Cruises: Black Music Week Cruises, RSVP Cruise, Irish Festival Cruise, Religious Cruise With Randy Travis, Singles Cruises, Country Music Cruise.
- Angelica's Theme Nights: Motown, Abba & Bee Gees, 70's & 80's, Elton John & Billy Joel, Classical Showstoppers, 90's & 2000's (Current Top Hits), Open Request Night & Fun Games (Name That Tune, Music Trivia - Angelica's Own Trivia With Singing, Speed Dating With Music, Open Live Mic Night.
Feature Films, Television, Commercial's, Telethon's, Music Videos & Theatre Productions
- The Sound Of Christmas (Hallmark Movie) - (2016).
- A Beachcombers Christmas - (2004).
- The Messiah - (1990).
- Ventaneando - Cozumel, Mexico - (2009).
- Elves Club Telethons - (2002 - 2006).
- Marriott Hotels Commercial - Costa Rica - (2000).
- Jump n' Celebrate Canada's 150th Birthday Song - Music Video - (2017)
- Brenda Dunphy-O'Keefe, Diamond In The Rough CD - "Your Baby's Moving Out" - Music Video - (1994)
- Turaab Khan - Music Video - (2017).
- "Musical Director" for Dinner Theatre - Dark Deeds In White Horse - (2003).
- Theatre Productions: Joseph's Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat, Porgy & Bess, Grease & Les Miserables.
Festivals & Showcases
- Gibsons Jazz Festivals - (2004 - 2006).
- Kawanis Music Festivals - (1982 - 1984).
- Angelica was invited on to the board to Chair in two categories for The Sunshine Coast Music Festival Of The Performing Arts: Co-Piano Chair for The Sunshine Coast Music Festival Of The Performing Arts & Chair for The Electronic Music Category. Angelica designed a new criteria for "The Electronic Music Category" while on the board - (2004).
- Music In The Landing - (2003 - 2005).
- Sea Cavalcade - (2004).
- SOPA- Showcase Of The Performing Arts - (2003-2006).
- Rochwood Pavillion - (2004).
- Ravens Cry Theatre - (2004).
- Canada Day Celebration - (2004).
Recording Session's, Film Scoring, Radio Commercial's & Recording Studios - Angelica's sessions, including composing, arranging, producing and recording on other artists projects & film scores.
- Angelica performed studio session work for Alberta's, First Double-Double Platinum Studio; Damon/Soundtrek Studios, winning The 1995/96, 10TH and 11TH Annual Alberta Recording Industries Association Craft Awards" & "Studio Of The Year" (1993 - 1997)
- Angelica composed, arranged and produced the film score for the movie trailer "Tough Love" (2021).
- Angelica recorded original music, including her arrangements of famous classical pieces for Antman Comedian and his Cartoon “Ship Happens” (2017)
- Angelica performed, singing on Brad Dean Alexander’s Single “Glitter In The Air”. Recorded at Morph Productions Studio, Toronto, Ontario. (2019)
- Angelica was one of 6 vocalists performing on Canada’s 150th Birthday Song “Jump ‘n Celebrate”! Angelica also recorded additional production tracks & appeared in the video for “Jump ‘n Celebrate” by Robin Barker. Producer: Trevor Shelton. Record Label: Rammit Records. Singers: Robin Barker, NDAI, Angelica, Danielle Bassels, Nalecia, Jace Martin & Featuring The Beaches Youth Choir. - (2017).
- Angelica Co-Produced, Co-Arranged & Programmed "The 1994 Alberta Winter Games Theme Song, "Where The Spirit Soars", with Garry McDonall, President of Damon/Soundtrek Studios - (1994).
- Radio Commercials: Pizza 73, Western Pontiac Buick, Visual Impact Systems, USA/Canada - (1993 - 1997)
- Angelica performed on Amber Dawn Fleury, "Ain't No Cure For Love", CD
- Angelica performed on Amber Dawn Fleury's, Single, "I'll Wait For You". It was nominated for "Single Of The Year" & SOCAN Song Of The Year in"The 1995, 11TH Annual Alberta Recording Industries Association Awards".
- Angelica performed on Brenda Dunphy-OKeefe, "Diamond In The Rough" CD - (1994).
- The Factory Studios, Vancouver, BC
- Sugar Hill Studios, Houston Texas, USA
- Strait Sound Studio, Roberts Creek, BC
- The Music Shed, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
- Inner Ear Studio, Roberts Creek, BC
- Studio 9, Toronto, ON
- Morph Productions Studio, Toronto, ON
- Rammit Records Studio, Toronto, ON
- Damon/Soundtrek Studios, Edmonton, AB
- Angelica's Mini Studio, Toronto, ON
Orchestras & Bands Featuring Angelica
- Symphonic Winds.
- The Royals Band.
- Baroque & Blue (Classical/Jazz Quartet).
- Sneak Preview (Classic Rock Band).
- Backbeat (Rock Band).
- Angelica & The Boys (Dance Band).
- The Creek Big Band (21 Piece Big Band).
Concerts, Shows, Hotels, Clubs, Casino's, Performances In Foreign Countries & Modeling
- Majestic Casino - (2001).
- Molson Canadian Studio, Hamilton Place - (2016).
- California Tour With The Royals Band - Disney Land, Los Angeles, San Diego Zoo, Berkley University, Knotts Berry Farm &Several other cities in California - (1984).
- The Alberta Special Olympics - (1984).
- Angelica performed for the "2010 Canadian Olympic Committee" for The Olympic Games - (2005).
- Angelica's Concerts - Heliconian Hall (2016 & 2017).
- "Teen Idols Of Rock & Roll" - The Wood Theatre, N.Y. - (2015).
- Performance For "Miguel Rodríguez Echeverría" (The President Of Costa Rica) - Los Suenos Marriott Beach & Golf Resort - (2000).
- Performance for Bill Marriott (Owner Of Marriott Hotels) - Los Suenos Marriott Beach & Golf Resort - Marriott Hotels. - (2000).
- Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre - (2005).
- The Vive Nepal Benefit Concert - (2015).
- Fronting the popular 50's and 60's band "The Nomads" - (1994).
- Performances with Brazilian Pianist, Ricardo Perez & Canadian Trumpet Virtuoso, Gary Guffman - (1991).
- Fantasyland Hotel, Chateau Lacombe
- Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre - (2005).
- Terminal City Club (House Gig) - (1997).
- Costa Rica - The Los Suenos Beach And Golf Resort, Hotel Barcelo Amon Plaza, Tara Resort Hotel, Spa & Conference Centre, Majestic Casino, Valle Azul - (1999 - 2002).
- Cozumel, Mexico - (2010).
- N.Y., USA - (2015).
- Havanna, Cuba (2019).
- Angelica models for photography and fashion and is featured in photo books & the Fashion Industry: The Camel Company Of Canada - (2018), Frank Caruso Photography (2015 - 2019).